It's all just a bunch of Hocus Pocus!

31 Oct 2015



Ok before we get started, I'd like to give a soundtrack to this blog post and I think "I Put A Spell On You" from Hocus Pocus is perfect. So head over to YouTube and start playing! Now, I know you are all so jealous of my amazing Hocus Pocus t-shirt from Fright Rags! Unfortunately it was a pre-order and I don't think it's available anymore. Keep an eye on the site though as sometimes they bring shirts back from the graveyard and keep an eye on places like eBay as well.


Before I show you details of the tee and outfit here is some details of my make up! I really liked how I done my eyes. You can't see them very well above but I wanted to include this photo cos for some reason I look like I have purple hair! :D 




As a base for my eyes I used the orangey colour in Seventeens Define and Conquer contour kit. The kits they have out are far too orange for my liking to use as a contour but as an autumn, grungy matt eyeshadow they're amazing. I have no idea what shade of kit I have because I see it nowhere on the box. But you can see little hints of orange and brown on the outer parts of the eye shadow. I then went in with Catrice's The Captain of the Black Pearl eye shadow into the crease and under the bottom lash line. I went over the top with a Blingtone purple glitter eye shadow which I bought years ago in Boots and never seen it anywhere again but it's amazing. I then used NYC's liquid liner for my wings which I use all the time now, it's so good, especially for the price. My eyebrows are my own and HD Brows power in a very dark brown blackish colour.


On my lips I have Nightmoth lipliner from Mac with NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Transylvania over top. The application isn't very neat as I didn't have much time to apply so please ignore that! But I love the colour so much and both those products go so well together.


My hat is from either Penneys/Primark or New Look. It was pretty cheap anyhow but good quality and I really like it! It gives an extra witchy look to the outfit. Lots of places are doing similar hats like this in store! My earrings are from Fashionology.nl awhile ago so not sure they still have them.


Fright Rags do amazing horror tees all year around, which between Steve and I, we have a wardrobe full! But at Halloween they usually have extra special shirts and this year they didn't disappoint! As soon as I knew it was going to be Hocus Pocus I knew I had to have it! I love the artwork and love how they included all the main characters! Like I said above, unfortunately it's not available anymore and this is one of the sad things about Fright Rags! Most of these special shirts you have to preorder and if you miss out you might never see them again. This is why we have far too many of them haha!

My kimono/cardigan thing is from Penney's. I think I bought it at the beginning of the year. It doesn't feel as nice and velvety as it looks but it still looks really nice and dresses up a t-shirt well. 


My super cute wooden cat on a broomstick is from a wonderful site called Hey Chickadee and I want everything from it, especially all their Halloween stuff. Keep an eye on them after Halloween as this necklace and others might go on sale! I bought this necklace a couple of years ago so the one on site is a little different now! The cat is coloured in black and has a yellow eye!


The trees behind me in the photo above are called The Three Sisters. I thought this location was perfect for this post seeing as Hocus Pocus involves three wicked witches! I was told by my teacher in school but I can't remember the story that went along with it but just remember being told they were called The Three Sisters. I could be totally making this up but that's what I remember anyhow!


Outfit: 
Penney's/Primark Kimono 
H&M Leggings
Penney's or New Look Hat
Purple Doc Martens


Thanks to Steve as always for taking such great photos, I won't have been able to post any of these outfit posts without him. <3


Let me know what you think of the outfit and if you'll be searching for that Hocus Pocus tee somewhere!


Happy Halloween! Have a wonderful one!






No comments:

Post a Comment