Lush Halloween Review

30 Oct 2015



I thought I was going to miss out on Lush's Halloween items this year as I don't live near a Lush (closest one is in Dublin, I'm in the midlands.) I was going to buy online but it ended up being a ridiculous price for just 4 items. Well over €50 because it's from the UK site and with the conversion rate being so bad, on top of shipping, in euros it ended up being way too much. I love Lush but they really need to get an Irish website going. They would get ALL my money. Seriously.

Anyhow, I got lucky because my sister, Kerrie, was going up to Dublin so she managed to get me all four of the Halloween items Lush has on offer this year. YAY! All of this worked out to around €35. So a big difference to the €50+ the online shop was looking for.

I will say I'm pretty disappointed that Lush hadn't more to offer. They had little sets, A Pumpkin and Bat Heebie Jeebie. The Bat one had the Nightwing Shower Jelly and a little bottle of Lord of Misrule. The Pumpkin had the Lord of Misrule bath bomb and the Sparkly Pumpkin. Both sets were £9.99 each from when I last saw them but it worked out cheaper to just buy everything separately rather than in the sets which was a bit stupid? So you were just paying for the packaging really.

So that's all the complaining I have to do. Mainly about the sets and just not a great selection. One year I got an amazing Spellbound box with 4 different bath items and it was amazing. I was sad there wasn't something like that this year.

But after that, I love everything!


The Lord of Misrule bath bomb is one of my all time favourite items from Lush. I get it every year. Wonderfully spicy/earthy with hints of vanilla, it slowly melts away the green and then begins to fizz. I don't want to say much more because I'd hate to ruin the surprise on anyone who hasn't used it! Also why I didn't use video demos or anything on this blog post. I just don't want to give too much away and if you don't want to see how it works be careful when you click onto Lush's website! They're terrible at giving away what some bath bombs do. But if you like spicy, earthy smells, this is one for you!



Sparkly Pumpkin is another one returning this year. I think the glitteriness of this one puts some people off but not me. I looooove alllll the glitter! :D The glitter isn't as crazy as you think. Its light and doesn't linger too much on the skin. Being a bubble bar you can get a good few uses out of this one. It smells just like Refresher bars! That's what it reminds me of anyhow! But when it's in the bath the smell changes a bit. It smells amazing! I can't explain it unfortunately! Just one you have to try yourself. Oh and it makes bubbles! Lots and lots of bubbles! :D



Nightwing is a shower jelly. I've only ever used one other shower jelly, which I can't remember what it was? They can be a bit difficult to work with but this one smells so good! Just like fruit pastilles as it says on the tub. I didn't take him out but he's shaped like a bat. I didn't have anything to leave him down on but it will be another surprise for anyone who has yet to get him. Or you can see him on Lush's website! You can use it all over your body as well as your hair! I really can't wait to try it in my hair and see how long that amazing smell lingers!



And lastly the most amazing thing of all, the Lord of Misrule Shower Cream! Kerrie managed to get me the last 500g one in the shop! But on the website you can get 1kg and I kinda want to buy that too. I think this smells a little sweeter than the bath bomb but still smells amazing and is my favourite thing. One thing I noticed when I first used it was it didn't foam as much as other shower gels that they have and was a little confused. The formula is also quite runny and Steve thinks it looks like paint! :D It wasn't until after that I found out it's a shower cream! Probably why they called it shower scream, eh? :P Silly me! Anyhow a shower cream is more moisturising than a shower gel and you can definitely feel that. It's so very green with a wonderful shimmer through it but doesn't leave either on your skin. It leaves just a lovely smell and soft skin!


Overall I love every one of these items and I just wish there was more selection! I also hate that they bring out the Christmas stuff at the same time and then the Halloween stuff gets lost. Also maybe the reason there isn't much of a selection? Damn you Christmas! I love you but hate the way it takes over Halloween. I hope I'm able to repurchase some of the items before they go! If you like the sounds of anything mentioned go get them quick before they're gone!


Did you like any of the Halloween items this year from Lush? Used any yet? Let me know below!
Thanks for reading :)





No comments:

Post a Comment