Spooky Ash - An Introduction

28 Sept 2014

Welcome to my new blog of ramblings! Here you will find lots of things, me, movies, music, Halloween, etc. related! I decided to start the blog with a little introduction, even though most of you know who I am already :P Feel free to steal this tag/questions and let me know if you do it yourself!

First up is,

A Recent Self Portrait and 10 Random Facts or Things About Me. 



  1. Just recently, a shampoo bottle decided to fall and land on my toe in the shower. It has a cut and bruise and I can't walk much with it. Damn you shampoo bottle!
  2. I'm a Sagittarius and even though I don't follow or really believe in Horoscopes, I do fit mine rather well.  
  3. I haven't really played any video games since I was a kid but started again recently and the Xbox controller is terrible and no one will convince me otherwise :P
  4. I'm currently playing The Walking Dead Game (the one by Telltale) and it's super awesome. I'm still only on the first season, episode 4 now I think. No spoilers! 
  5. Steve and I have watched The Avengers a countless amount of times.
  6. I'm drinking from a kids Disney's Frozen bottle.
  7. Kids get the BEST things. Even the clothes they can get is better than adult ones.
  8. I have a My Neighbour Totoro bag in the shape of Totoro. It's very awesome. 
  9. I have a puppy (well he's 1 year old now) named Merle who we named after The Walking Dead's Merle. And he's also a Blue Merle Collie. 
  10. It's nearly a year ago now that I shaved all my hair off. 

Your 10 Favourite Songs Right Now

I've made a playlist of all the songs I've picked right here on YouTube so be sure it click it and listen as you continue to read this blog post :) 


  1. Katatonia - Ghost of the Sun
  2. Queens of the Stoneage - Smooth Sailing
  3. Florence and the Machine - Seven Devils
  4. Kiesza - Hideaway
  5. Wolf Alice - Moaning Lisa Smile
  6. David Byrne - This Must Be The Place (Jools Holland 2004)
  7. Killer Be Killed - Melting of My Marrow
  8. Metric - Gold Guns Girls
  9. Redbone - Come and Get Your Love 
  10. Mastodon - The Motherload


5 Films or TV Shows You Recommend and Why



1. Parks and Recreation: An awesome comedy starring Amy Poehler as Leslie Knope who is head of the Park's department in Pawnee. It also stars Nick Offerman, Rashida Jones, Aubrey Plaza, Rob Lowe, Adam Scott, Chris Pratt and many more as her Parks department team! Everyone in this show is just brilliant. It honestly gets better every season and even more hilarious! I highly recommend! :D



2. The Thing: I can't actually think of anything else, this was basically the first thing that came to my mind! If you haven't seen this movie I may have to disown you. It's about Kurt Russell, his beard and a research team in the Antarctic who come in contact with an alien who can make itself look like any one of them, including their beards. It's a classic and one of the best horror/sci-fi movies out there! 



3. Freaks and Geeks: A show about different groups of teenagers trying to survive high school in the 80s. I don't know why but this show makes me feel very nostalgic or something. It leaves you with a great feeling anyhow. One I also get watching Dazed and Confused. I just want to be there and you will too. Another show gone far too early and why on earth it didn't get another season is beyond me. But we will always have these 18 episodes of awesomeness.



4. Guardians of the Galaxy: Chris Pratt (Same guy in Parks and Rec) steals Ronan's orb, Ronan gets angry and goes looking for him while Chris makes some new friends to help save the world from Ronan's orb. It also has the most amazing soundtrack. And Groot. (I have a full review coming soon!)



5. Doctor Who: I'm very excited about the new Doctor. Peter Capaldi is doing an amazing job so far. I've really loved every episode up to now. People are saying he's insulting people too much and I say, he's not insulting them enough :P Haha!


5 Things That Make You Uncomfortable
 

  1. Social situations! You people making me uncomfortable :P
  2. Teenagers (Even when I was one I was uncomfortable around them.)
  3. Spiders. I am very afraid of them. 
  4. People who aren't "dessert kind of people" GTFO.
  5. The McPoyles. 


5 Things You Can't Live Without

Putting aside my family, boyfriend and pets...
  1. My computer. Kind of an obvious one but I love my computer! It's an old Mac and I love it very much.
  2. My iPhone. Again, kind of obvious but ever since I got my iPhone I honestly don't know how I managed without it. I can keep up to date with everything and if I want to know something, I can look it up straight away! It's also made me take so many photos of everything and anything. And lets not forget if you're waiting around you have lots of games to play or even read a book!
  3. Fooood! Well obviously nobody can survive without food but I'm including it cos I love food oh so very much. Mmmmmm..... delicious foodness. 
  4. My Doc Martens. What else is going to get me through the horrible 365 day Irish winters?
  5. Halloween!!!! How else would I be able to buy all my strange, skeleton and bat related ornaments without this amazing occasion?! :D 

So do you know me a little better now? Don't worry, I'm sure I'll be doing lots more "about me" tags when I get bored in future :P 






No comments:

Post a Comment